Snickerdoodle Bars


Lately I have become a little bit lazy when it comes to cookie making. I love the dough, but not the time it takes to sit and wait for batches of cookies to bake. Especially when it comes to cookies like peanut butter, sugar cookies and snickerdoodles because of all the extra work it takes to prep the cookie dough before baking. I realize by lumping peanut butter cookies in there it tells you exactly how lazy I am, lol.



With that being said I've been creating a lot of bar cookies. Make the dough, press it all into a pan, bake and bam...done! I would like to say they all turn out fantastic, but that is so not the case. Lots of trial and error people!! Well, finally, one paid off. I have fallen in love with this Snickerdoodle Bar recipe and after making it 3 weeks in a row can now say its not a dud, lol. The best part is my family completely agrees, yay!!! I hope you like them as much as we all do.

Snickerdoodle Bars

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat until well blended.
4. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
5. In a small bowl, combine the white sugar and cinnamon.
6. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter in the baking pan.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Let cool slightly then cut into squares.
your photo name

1 comments:

Tara said...

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to try this. YUM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...