To new things and old favorites

Anyone who knows me or at least has been out to eat with me knows that I am one picky eater. I order the same foods, I make the same foods, tried and true through and through! But due to Bryce's International Day project I branched out to my Aunt for some help. Bryce chose Greece for his country and I just so happened to have an Uncle that was from Greece. Unfortunately he has passed, but my Aunt was the next best thing. She had oodles of information for us and some great recipes for us to try. The one we went with is called "Koulourakia" or Easter cookies. I was thoroughly amazed at how good they really were. I mean, granted, they're not chocolate chip. But I really liked them!! If you ever feel like a little something different, I would definitely recommend these little treasures.


Koulourakia (Easter Cookies) 5 dozen
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
4 tsp baking powder
8 cups flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp allspice
2 tbsp anise

Topping
2 egg yolks (I omitted this)
sesame seeds (I omitted this)
powdered sugar

Cream butter add sugar - mix. Add eggs, milk, vanilla and anise. Combine flower, baking powder, cinnamon and allspice. Mix well. Kneed dough and add additional flour until no longer sticky. Roll into 1 inch balls. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. When cool roll in powdered sugar. If using the egg and seeds: baste cookies with yolk then roll in sesame seeds finish by sprinkling with powdered sugar.

Now with the something new comes tried and true. I have to include my all time favorite recipe - Seven Layer Bars.

Seven Layer Bars
1/4 cup Butter (melted)
1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 cup Coconut
1 15oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 6oz package Chocolate Chips
1 6oz package Butterscotch Chips
1 cup chopped pecans

Layer in order listed in a 9x13 pan. Press ingredients together. Bake at 350' for 30 minutes.

One word...YUMMY!!







your photo name

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...