A must visit and a little treasure

Last week when I was on my way home from SNAP I couldn't help but make a side trip. Heber City is one of my most favorite cities in the world. Just south of Park City Utah it is a second home to me. My parents are both from there so I spent the majority of my youth there vacationing. Now that all of my grandparents are deceased I don't make it up there as much as I would like. So as I was headed down I-15 looking east to Timpanogos I naturally took the exit. I called my Aunt and cousins and was all smiles as I entered the valley.

It was amazing to be able to spend a couple of hours feeling like I'd come home. It was a great re-charge of my system. Especially when I was able to spend a little time here:


They were a very important in my life and miss them daily!!


On a much happier note my cuz gave me the most fabulous little treasure...a recipe. Any of you who are lucky enough to visit Heber they have a most amazing burger joint called Dairy Keen. They posted a few of their recipes in the local newspaper and the name alone had me excited...Waffle French Toast!!



 Waffle French Toast
Makes 5 Slices

2 Eggs
1/4 cup Milk
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
5 slices of Bread

Preheat your waffle iron. Spray with cooking spray. Mix the egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon together in a bowl that will fit the bread. Dip the bread into the egg mixture, turn the bread over to cover all the bread. Place the soaked bread into a pre-heated waffle iron. Close the lid and press down slightly. Cook for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Open the lid and remove. Enjoy with maple syrup or powdered sugar.

They are amazing!! My kids couldn't get enough and neither could I :)

your photo name

1 comments:

Rachel Robins said...

Hey-great post! I've always though Heber is one of the most beautiful places in Utah. Ok, the Waffle French toast is genius...I am trying it this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...